Supervised by an operations foreman, the crushing plant labourer is responsible for carrying out a variety of jobs as part of the crushing plant operations.
JOB DESCRIPTION – CRUSHER LABOURER
On a daily basis, the plant labourer is responsible for conducting regular inspection patrols of the facilities to detect and prevent breakage. He/she is also responsible for maintenance of the plant’s common areas.
During production shutdowns, he/she participates in maintenance activities to support the mechanics. Note that the more experience that the labourer gains in the various positions that he/she does replacements for, and based on his/her learning abilities, the more opportunities he/she will have to grow within his/her team.
RESPONSIBILITIES – CRUSHER LABOURER
- Conduct regular inspection patrols of the facilities to detect and prevent breakage;
- Follow the company’s OHS/environmental standards in this regard; he/she can act as a confined space entry supervisor, must lockout before entering a piece of equipment, etc.
- Do cleaning around/near when the plant’s materials are spilled, using either rolling equipment or a shovel;
- Assist the members of the maintenance team during maintenance work on equipment;
- Replace the other team members during breaks;
- Learn how to properly operate heavy equipment;
- At the foreman’s request, the operator must do maintenance, replace worn parts, and do other requested tasks.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS – CRUSHER LABOURER
- Secondary V training;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license;
- At least 2 years of related work experience;
- Have an ASP Construction card (an asset).
- Demonstrate initiative and be observant;
- Good physical capacity;
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks;
- Independent, organized and methodical person;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Able to work in a dusty environment;
- Have good mechanical knowledge of stationary machinery and welding.
- Group insurance
- Group RRSP
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Virtual Medicine Service
- 7/7 Schedule, DAY/NIGHT
- 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Potential for a pension and accommodation
For more information, contact Myriam Thibault-Hélie, HR Director, at 819-825-8112 ext. 312
JOIN THE GANG!!!