Supervised by the operations foreman, the mechanic is responsible for detecting and preventing breakage by inspecting crushers and their components such as transmission belts, jaw, cone crusher, screener, etc. He/she is responsible for doing maintenance and welding work on crushing equipment.
RESPONSIBILITIES – INDUSTRIAL MECHANIC
- Perform the daily visual inspection of the crushing plant based on the indications entered into the inspection log books;
- Prepare and manufacture the parts required for maintenance work;
- Analyze failures and makes suggestions for optimizing the systems;
- Perform daily maintenance of crushing plant equipment;
- Install crusher parts that are required for safe, high-quality work;
- Make improvements likely to increase equipment performance in cooperation with management;
- Fill out the reports pertaining to his/her work;
- Keep the workplace clean;
- Through his/her attitude, help create an atmosphere conducive to working as a team;
- Perform other duties based on need and as directed by the foreman;
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS – INDUSTRIAL MECHANIC
- Vocational diploma in millwright or industrial mechanics or welding;
- At least 3 years of related work experience;
- Knowledge of crushing mechanics;
- Have an ASP Construction card (an asset).
- Show initiative and be observant;
- Good physical capacity;
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks;
- Independent, organized and methodical person;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Able to work in a dusty environment;
- Able to work under pressure, organize his/her work, and exercise judgment;
- Group insurance
- Group RRSP
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Virtual Medicine Service
- 7/7 schedule, DAY
- 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Potential for a pension and accommodation
For more information, contact Myriam Thibault-Hélie, HR Director, at 819-825-8112 ext. 312
JOIN THE GANG!!!